Saturday, August 21, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


Some sugar cookies I baked for OUTfest. I'm a soft cookie person, but I made an exception for these to make them easier to ice. I also had to make these in record time. I made the dough before work in about 20 minutes, then rolled it into two logs and put it in the freezer. After standing for 5 hours at work, I was so tired, but the second I walked in the door, even before changing out of my work clothes (which is usually my first thing to do), the oven was preheating and I was slicing the logs. 
While they were in the oven, I changed and put on a Beatles cd while I whipped up some simple frosting. I used my favorite ziploc as pastry bag trick to make my pretty rainbows with the icing I had dyed with food coloring. And of course I had to make one with straight lines, because straight people like rainbows and cookies too. It was around 11:30 before I finally had a chance to sit down and when I went to bed, considerably after midnight, I could barely walk. I did have some gorgeous cookies, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment