Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Fall Market


Farmer's Market Purchases:
(to feed two people for a week)

arugula
beets
broccoli
eggplant
kale
lettuce
nasturtiums
okra
pattypan squash
potatoes
spinach
tomatoes, yellow cherry
tomatoes, big red


Today, I didn't study and didn't work on college applications. I did manage to learn a few things anyways, like that chopping parsley takes a whole lot longer when the camera is out. 


The parsley was for a salad for the Yes We Can Tippecanoe picnic. Sadly, I couldn't go, but I'm sure that it was a lot of fun. This was taken before it was mixed with arugula and nasturtiums were added on top, but so far there are potatoes, olives, tomatoes, basil, parsley, and vinaigrette.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, the salad was delicious. The nasturtium flowers were a peppery last wave at summer on what turned out to be a bit of a chilly day. I warmed myself by pretending I was a hot dog and rotating above the grill.

    ReplyDelete