Tuesday, October 12, 2010

bEATS on Beets


I honestly do not understand why beets are disliked. Like brussel sprouts, beets are highly underrated and misunderstood. Their flavor is clean and earthy, they are delicious roasted or boiled, and they win the award for most stunning vegetable by anyone's standards.

I wouldn't say that I ever adored beets, but I always liked beets a lot. In contrast with the general population of beet-haters, of course I was marked as a beet-fanatic. I didn't mind the label though, it just meant more beets for me! In general, I like my beets boiled and peeled and served drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette and basil if there is any. A (strangely) perfect combination is beets and hard-boiled eggs. Those two are excellent with salad cream.

Below is me after peeling beets the day of the Feast of the Hunter's Moon, thus the Feasty shirt and belt.


1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough, the color seems brighter in real life.

    ReplyDelete