Monday, October 4, 2010

Dance of the Tart

In general, I'm not very good at not eating. I have to be really stuffed to refuse a plate of delicious food if its placed in front of me. But no matter how amazing the dinner was that my mom was cooking on Saturday, I was so full from the Feast that there was no way that I could eat any dinner.

No amount of fullness, however, has ever stopped me from eating an apple tart.

This particular recipe came from smitten kitchen. My mom had printed it out without knowing that I am a huge fan of Deb and everything that she cooks. This simple apple tart looked beautiful, so of course we had to try it.


We like our tarts very well cooked so that the sugar caramelizes nicely and the apples are soft and smooth.  


It was perfect! The best part was the glaze made from boiling the skins and cores of the apples. It was the perfect sweet touch, so I might have gone just a tiny bit crazy with coating the tart.

1 comment:

  1. The perfect post for the perfect pie, I mean tart.

    ReplyDelete