Monday, November 22, 2010

School Lunch Salad

I ate lunch in the Delphi Elementary cafeteria on Friday, and while it wasn't the worst hamburger I've ever had, it made me infinitely thankful for the food that I eat on school days at lunch. Today, when I came home to find a half of a grapefruit from the high school's orchestra fundraiser waiting on the counter, I tossed out the boring peanut butter and apple sandwich I had been planning on making. Instead, I concocted a refreshing salad with crispy lettuce and juicy pomegranate seeds tossed with nothing more than olive oil, salt, and pepper. The grapefruit juice dripping from each lettuce leaf brightened the grey day.


In the past few days, we've been eating roughly one pomegranate per day for two people. I wish pomegranate season would continue forever.

1 comment: