Thursday, January 20, 2011

For John


Because he is one smart cookie.

Sitting in the physics classroom watching Mr. Spencer grade our final exams was one of the most stressful moments of my life. But we did it! I'm looking forward to a new semester as successful as the one we completed (but hopefully less stressful). Things are looking up.


I made these cookies with the original recipe for "Original Toll House Cookies." Apparently, the original recipe for Nestle cookies differs from the new one found on the back of chocolate chip packages by an entire 3/4 of a cup of white sugar. The old recipe calls for just brown sugar while the new recipe has exactly the same ingredients plus an extra 3/4 of granulated sugar. I made this batch without any granulated sugar, to much success. I know nothing about the chemistry of cookies, but somehow these seemed cakier and softer than they are with the new recipe. I think I'll be making this change permanent! Thanks to the blogosphere for this new old change!

After a large mental debate about nuts or no nuts, I decided to put walnuts in for the simple reason that I like walnuts in my cookies. It's not that the fact that I like them means that other people like them too, but if I like them, then other people ought to learn to like them.


Lastly, district debate starts tomorrow! I'm not competing because the type of debate that I do has its own district tournament in a few weeks, but I'm incredibly nervous just knowing that my teammates' fate will be decided tomorrow. Good luck to all of our debaters!

2 comments:

  1. And so delicious for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These cookies were so delicious. They went perfectly with my lunch!

    ReplyDelete