Sunday, January 9, 2011

Winter Three

It seems that it is the tenth day of the New Year, yet I still haven't posted pictures from Christmas. Hm. I'm going to try to get through them soon so that I don't have to skip anything, so please excuse the lack of eloquent descriptions. 


My family returned to Massachusetts on Christmas Eve, in time for a lovely vegetarian holiday lasagna dinner. Maybe not perfectly traditional, but still festive and delicious.


 Christmas morning, we woke up early for present unwrapping with a cup of tea. Afterwards, I made corn muffins in the adorable gingerbread men molds that a friend gave Diane for Christmas. How cute are these?


I repaired any lost limbs or heads with cream cheese, then ate them with cream cheese and honey. Cute and yummy, too!




The next night we had a wonderful homemade mac and cheese from my new favorite cookbook. The best part is the crunchy breadcrumbs on top.


Afterwards, we didn't know what to eat for dessert. Luckily, the winds of fate had thrown us a small blizzard. Not enough to ruin the day, just enough to provide sixteen cups of fluffy white snow to make ice cream. I had always wanted to make snow ice cream, but never got around to it. This was extremely easy. The recipe essentially consisted of pouring a mixture of maple syrup and cream over a huge bowl of snow. It looked rather... distasteful while it was being made, but the end result was amazing! 


Shriya and I stepped outside to gather the snow with a ladle. 


Ignore the fact that it looks like the wrong kind of yellow snow, and trust me, it's good.

2 comments:

  1. RE Maple snow-cream: Laura Ingalls Wilder would be proud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. best ice cream EVER. represent.

    ReplyDelete