Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Cheesecakeless Factory

Three cheers for the end of ISSMA! I woke up at 5:30 this morning to catch the school bus to Indy for State ISSMA. In the world of excellent timing, my events were scheduled for 9:00, 9:50, and 3:10, so I spent the entire day there for just a few minutes of playing. It was torturous, but I suppose I should say that it is all worth it, because now it's done forever.

Maybe I'm abnormal, but sitting in a gym with hundreds of teenage violinists practicing at the same time is not my idea of a good way to spend five hours. In my long break between my solo and my large ensemble, I escaped the middle school gym, with much thanks to Haesun Park. Mrs. Park took Christopher and me to lunch and Borders to fill some of our time.


I had never been to The Cheesecake Factory before, but now I can say from experience that their burgers are awesome. I had one with cheese and grilled mushrooms and onions with sweet potato fries. It was excellent. Maybe a little too cheesy, but I'm not a huge melted cheese person. And remember that for me to deem excellent a lunch consisting of a hamburger and fries when there is no ketchup in sight is unprecedented. In addition to the meaty goodness of the hamburger, I appreciated the appearance of the food. The cup for the fries was a very nice touch, and Mrs. Park's luau salad was just gorgeous. Thank you so much, Mrs. Park, for rescuing me and making me family for a few hours!


P.S. Remember my solo in the WVYS concert last weekend? My awesome dad not only flew in to see it (and my stepmom and sister and grandmother, too, so a big thank you to all four of you! I love you!) but he also video taped it and posted it online. Thank you, Daddy! So in case anyone here loves classical music as much as food and wasn't in town to see my concert in person, watch me play Haydn's Cello Concerto in C major! You'll have to excuse the little fumbles due to nerves, but overall, I'm very proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment