Monday, February 21, 2011

Olive Oil + Balsamic


At New Year's, my grandmother gave me a beautiful bottle of balsamic vinegar glaze from her most recent trip to Italy. I was paralyzed with excitement over what to drizzle it over first. Steak? Asparagus?  I finally decided upon something so perfect that I took the plunge and uncorked my pretty little bottle this evening. 


The inspiration, of course, was Jeni's. With a pint of the divine olive oil ice cream in the freezer, I dreamed of salad dressing for dessert. Olive oil and balsamic cuddle happily on my salads all year long, so why don't they meet at dessert, too? Here is my result: rich olive oil and pumpkin seed ice cream with tart balsamic glaze. 


Don't ask me how many white bowls are sitting by the sink smudged with balsamic glaze... 

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the bottles in the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete