Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies






I rarely bother to type out recipes here, but today I will. The main reason is just that I really really like this cookie recipe and I think you will, too! 



Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from 500 Cookies by Philippa Vanstone)

1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 stick butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (half each semisweet and white, or all one kind)

Preheat the oven to 350. 
Mix together first five ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar; beat in egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Dollop the dough onto a baking sheet (or if you want to save the dough for later, roll the dough into a log 1.25 in thick, wrap in foil, refrigerate, then cut into .25 inch slices when you are ready to bake).
Bake for 12 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!

    This is wonderful, and the cookies are wonderful (although I'm sad you are taking them to the bakesale). My only worry is that the word "chocolate" is getting bigger and bigger in the word cloud, and "watercress" doesn't seem to be gaining on it at all... I thought that was part of the master plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh this is making me want to break my stringent regimen! nooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. shriya, we just need to be regimental together and we'll be able to do it! and my regimen is dictating that i close the computer now...

    ReplyDelete