Monday, March 21, 2011

Eating Like a Cowboy

Considering my size, age, and gender, I'm not a light eater. I love salads and fruit, don't get me wrong, but I need more than that. I like food that sticks. And Deep Springs food is great for that. Designed for 20-year-old male cowboys, Deep Springs menus feature large quantities of meat and carbs, even at breakfast. When you're a hard-working college student, you need ham and eggs and freshly baked wheat bread to start you off right. All of the food found in the boarding house is extremely fresh because so much of it comes from right there in the valley. I didn't photograph everything from my days there last week, but here are some highlights. 


I seriously need to learn to bake bread. 


Herby chicken with cabbage and baked potatoes and salad and fresh bread. 


 Pork with spiced applesauce and pumpkin gnocchi in walnut cream (which were absolutely 100% divine) 

No comments:

Post a Comment