Sunday, March 27, 2011

Small World Cookies



While in Boston, I saw five people from West Lala not including my family, which I thought was pretty impressive. One afternoon, Alex and I returned from the Museum of Science soaked through with rain. Waiting for us was a giant bowl of pasta carbonara with peas, cooked by Zoe and Malika, who was visiting for the afternoon. After lunch, we decided to bake cookies, because cookie decorating is an excellent rainy day activity. Lacking some of the ingredients necessary for gingerbread men, we made sugar cookies, but supplemented the dough with sprinkles of nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and ginger for a little more flavor. 



This cookie dough was amazing. Not that I'd ever say cookie dough is bad, but the spices were perfect for cookie dough eating.


I cut out three sizes of men, cows, heels, chili peppers, toothbrushes, teapots, stars, violins, and a few fleur-de-lis. I have the feeling that those aren't normal cookie cutter shapes, but that's my family for you.


Zoe and Malika made the icing with cream cheese, and we each colored a ziplock of icing with food coloring. It was crazy and messy, but delicious. 


Mr. Smith?






This is what happens when you are late for dinner and you don't want to waste icing. 


Sometimes, I drop entire trays of cookies on the floor. No big deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment