Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week One


I like routines. Waking at eight, starting classes at nine, eating lunch at noon, returning from class by half past two. My schedule this semester is busy, but I like it. To celebrate the end of the first week of classes, I went to Chinatown with a few friends this past weekend. We wanted to get away from the books and do something relaxing. After getting lost on the subway, we found our way to Nom Wah and sat for hours drinking tea and gobbling down dumplings. My favorite were the soup dumplings, which are exactly how they sound: dumplings with soup in them. After biting through the chewy dumpling exterior, you find a tasty meatball and a hot squirt of broth hiding inside. Yum!

(And check out the cool Serious Eats behind the scenes slideshow of Nom Wah that you should admire.)


No comments:

Post a Comment